"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Firetrucks & Halloween

Its been awhile, I know! But now the computer is fixed & I should be able to get back on track. Keeping in mind that Holiday is in full swing for us poor retail saps, I have a final coming up & my habit of taking on more projects than I really should.
In July, the Monarch Fire Department celebrated their 100th (I think) anniversary with a huge party. Ian & Max met our friend Leslie there to help celebrate. Her stepdad, Ron, is a firefighter with the department & showed Max all around the fire station, including inside the firetrucks & ambulance, the previous Halloween. Max was very excited to see his firemen friends again & the possibility of seeing a helicopter up close didn't hurt either! Max got to see all kinds of different demonstrations & came home wanting to be a firefighter (or a horse) when he grows up.




Who wouldn't want to play on this firetruck?


Firefighter Max is on his way!


Take that, naughty fire!

Watching the firemen



This Halloween fell on a Wednesday which just happens to be a class night for me. And not just any class night. It was the night I had to give a presentation worth 25% of my grade so there was no getting out of it! Max's reply when I told him Leslie would be taking him Trick or Treating? "Yeah, I get to play with Bara". As an added treat, she also brought Lucas! So off I went to class!

Max insisted that he wear his costume backwards because it was more comfortable that way. Max, Lucas & Bara the Wonder Dog!

Backwards Buzz

Backwards Buzz showing us his laser





Max listening intently to Lucas explaining how to eat a lollipop.

Max & Lucas sharing the spoils.

Thank you to Leslie who took all these cute pics while hanging out with Max! You rock!






1 comment:

Les is More said...

You're welcome for the pictures. Really, you know who to thank: Bara the Wonder Dog! I had no idea until today that she'd been nicknamed. Thanks! Right now, she's hiding underneath my desk while I throw all my stuff in boxes, and every so often she lets out a big sigh. Surely this is the call of a WONDER DOG!! I have also taught her how to salt the rims of margarita glasses. Just kidding. I can help with that task though.