"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Food, glorious food!

Remember the Sears Wish Book? When we were little, Mark & I would go through it & circle everything we wanted for Christmas. What was the one thing that I circled virtually every year? An Easy Bake Oven. There was something about cooking in your very own oven, even if it was with a light blub. I never got one. Until July 28, 2004. A few hours before going to the hospital to have Max, my mom finally gave me an Easy Bake Oven. Unfortunatly, it promptly went into a closet for the next few years, because, who has time to cook with a light bulb when you have a newborn/toddler? A few weeks ago, Max discovered it. So off we went to Target to get some mixes & he tried it out. The first project was a chocolate cake, swiftly followed by a yello cake. Delicious!

Eating the chocolate masterpiece



Cleaning up

Since the weather did not cooperate with my garden plans, Max & I decided to buy a couple of tomato plants & put them in containers. Max wanted to take pictures of them to show everyone just how big his tomatos were. And, yes, he did take these pictures himself.

Arkansas Traveler tomato


Husky Cherry tomato

Now I'm off to finish packing for Canada since our flight leaves at the crack of dawn tomorrow!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

My kids ask me all the time to cook with their Easy Bake Oven... you've inspired me to get it out and have a little fun! Max is looking so grown up!

Anonymous said...

It looks like we have a budding cook and a photographer, taking after his Dad and Great-grandfather. Way to go Max, great job. Will you make us a cake when we come up to see you? Our favorite is chocolate!!!!
Lots of Love Mum-mum and
Pop-pop