"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Whew! I know its been a while but we've been busy! I found a part time job but its not a good fit (a nice way of saying I HATE IT!) so I am looking at a few other options that seem to have fallen into my lap. We shall see what happens! I registered for the fall semester. Ian has been traveling. Max & Lily are growing so fast!

Our good friend Leslie watches the kids alot when Ian travels & I go sell office supplies. The other day her mom, Pat & stepdad, lovingly known as Fireman Ron, came to play for a little while too. Fireman Ron brought one of his toys & made Max's day! We are so lucky to have them in our lives! We love you Les, Pat & Ron!

Max loves to build things & lately he's been watching Warriors on the History Channel with Ian. Its hosted by Terry Schappert (former Special Forces) & Max likes to pretend to be Terry & go on all the adventures. He's learning a lot of history in the process. For instance, he has informed me all about the Seige of Malta, King Kamehameha (sp?), the traitor Armineus & other various battles throughout history. (The kid's memory is amazing!) A few days ago Max built these two men out of his brick blocks. They were cool so we took a picture & I went back upstairs to cook dinner.
The next thing I know, he's built his own little army!

Max & Lily reading

Lily is growing so fast I don't know where to start! She hasn't rolled over again; I think it was just a fluke, but she's still trying. She really wants to sit up & see the world, but isn't quite there yet. She is reaching for her toys & can grab them & sometimes even get them in her mouth. Her little personality is really starting to develop. Where Max is a "do-er", Lily is an observer. She loves to watch everything. She is also a momma's girl, which has made going back to work interesting, even if it is just part time.

Put 'em up!


The happiest baby ever!


4 comments:

Les is More said...

Pat and Ron and I love y'all right back! Doesn't Max look a little too comfortable on that bike, like he's about to go speeding off into the sunset?

Anonymous said...

Great photos of the kids - thanks heaps for the update! Sounds like you have a lot going on - i am not sure how you manage to be sane with Ian gone, working part time and two kids to juggle! you are doing a great job!! I hope the other work options pan out the way you hope - it would make life a lot easier if you enjoyed your work a little - makes the time go quicker too!

Myrtle said...

Max sure seems to like those big machines. He looks natural sitting the road hog. Lily makes me smile every time I see a picture of her.

sara said...

Christal- Sane? Who's sane? ;)