"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Remember when I said we were having crazy weather?

On Sunday, March 2, we had beautiful weather. It was 75 degrees, sunny, absolutely gorgeous! I seriously debated calling in sick but somehow I knew my boss would suspect something. We had the widows open all day & only closed them when it started to rain around 3 am. Monday was rainy & cooler but still in the high 50's. We woke up Tuesday to colder temperatures and a dusting of snow on the ground. As I was waking Max up for school we got the call saying that school would be closed for the day. Hmmm... By 9am it was falling fast & the forecast was for 3-6 inches. By around 12pm we had this:






This is how far I could open my screen door at 1pm:




Here's a picture of Max "helping" me shovel the front walk






And a fun little video:


I tried to post a video but the stinkin' system kept giving me an error message so I'll add it

when I figure out what the problem is.



(sorry it's a little jumpy)



Max had the best time running & diving face first into the snow. It took the promise of hot chocolate, marshmallows and that the snow wouldn't melt before he got to play in it again. How much snow did we end up with? At least 10 inches.

1 comment:

Les is More said...

Dear God,
Please do not let it snow anymore this year. I don't think Sara wants to buy any more wheels or whatever she had to replace on Ian's car. I am also certain that I hate driving in the snow and there is no wiper fluid left in my car. Thank you for keeping their house safe while they are gone and for letting there be soy cheese in the fridge which I stole and put in my own fridge after making a tasty sandwich-on-rye. Also, thank you for Battlestar Galactica and can Max have a pet?
Your grrl,
Lezzle