"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Come on baby!

The countdown is on & I am ready. Well, physically anyway. I have reached the point where I want this kid out! I'm not that uncomfortable anymore since Cashew has dropped. The heartburn has lessened, I can breath properly again. But this having to use the bathroom at least every 2 hours (often times more) is just a tad annoying. (sarcasm alert) It also puts a strain on the effectiveness of any discipline Max might need since invariably I have to pee in the middle of our discussion. You try putting a kid in timeout from the bathroom! Then there are the contractions. Don't get excited! They are not regular or particularly strong although they are stronger than last week. Yesterday I had a total of 2. Today I had quite a few more & I even thought today might be the day. Alas, after having them every 30 mins for an hour & a half, they just quit! Humph! I keep reminding myself that Cashew will show up when s/he is ready but I am not at my most patient at the moment. We'll see how the next few days go & hopefully we'll all get our wish by the end of next week!

4 comments:

shanananana said...

I am praying for Cashew's safe and speedy arrival!

Myrtle said...

I am sure she (wishful thinking)(Jolene) will come on her schedule(don't all girls!!!!)

Anonymous said...

Stay safe - we are all so excited about your newest arrival! I put Brad in charge of sending off some little things, and am worried they may not have made it - he does not have a good track record for these things. have you seen any panda's in the mail? they were from us with love xoxo

sara said...

Christal- they did arrive. I am not the fastest when it comes to getting my thank yous out. ;) Love them all!
hugs!!!!!