"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Monday, February 2, 2009

The scoop & a funny

OK, no baby yet but we are almost there! My doc & I have made the decision that if I haven't gone into labor by this Friday, we are going to kick start the process. Now that we have made this decision & made the necessary arrangements, one of three things will happen. Either I will go into labor tonight or tomorrow OR when they call me to come to the hospital to start the process I will tell them that the kid decided to start a couple hours early (cause that's just how my luck seems to run!) OR I will go in on Friday as planned. Regardless, Cashew will be here by FRIDAY!!!!!!

Keep your eyes peeled (or just watch for) an email complete with pics

Max has been going back & forth on what sex he thinks this baby will be. For the past week, he has maintained that its a boy, no doubt about it! Out of the blue Saturday we had the following conversation.

Max: Mommy, Amira doesn't like to play cars with me very much.
Sara: That's OK. You guys like to play other games, like tag, right?
M: (after a period of silence) Isabella never wants to play cars with me either.
S: Well, no. Isabella likes dolls & playing princess more than playing with cars and that's
OK, huh? Everybody likes different things.
M: (more silence) Mommy, I think I'm gonna have a baby sister.
S: OK, but we'll just have to wait and see.
M: (more silence) I want a baby sister. Sisters don't like to play with cars & swords & stuff so
I won't have to share my toys as much.
S: Hmmmmm...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was induced 10 days after due date - i went in one afternoon and it wasn't until the NEXT NIGHT I had J by emergency c-section. I had prostoglandin gel to soften cervix - if you have the option DON:T GET THAT! Go for the balloon insertion. There is a chance you can end up having contractions with the gel that don't amount to a E*%^&$ thing. I was one of those unlucky ones, with contraction starting about 1/2 hour after gel insertion. not fun. So all in all I am hoping you progress into natural labor asap with a short and speedy birth and recovery! Remember you are an amazing woman and I can't wait to see you glowing even in the sleeplessness of new mother hood. Love to you xoxo Isn't it nice to know you not going to be pregnant forever - Yeah!!!
P.S old wives tales to give a go?
a)sex sex sex
b)green apples with skin on - eat them.
c)a big walk

KareBaer said...

I was starting to get impatient. I know, what the heck do I have to be impatient for? I'm terrified that I will have to go on bedrest or something and then I won't have as much time with Alfonz after the birth. Speaking of all this crap, how in the world did you decide what stroller / car seat/ crib, etc you wanted? I don't know where to start. Good luck tomorrow (or today)!

Myrtle said...

Tell Max there are alot of girls that like to play with swords and cars. So watch out what you wish for. Hurry up Friday.